Cat, Dog, and Small Pet Sitting
We offer cat, dog, and small pet sitting in your home, which includes feeding, refreshing water, keeping up with the litterbox, bringing in mail, walks in the neighborhood, etc. We can also check in on your small pets, filling food bowls, refreshing water bottles, etc. We charge $18.00 per visit for standard pet care, and offer this service in Barrington, Warren, and Riverside.
Arranging Service: Intake Appointment
We arrange an appointment to visit your home when you first call us.
During this time, we:
- Meet you and your pets and get detailed information about their care, idiosyncrasies and special needs. A form will be brought to the visit for your perusal and signature(s). It offers an option to pre-approve emergency pet care in case it is needed while you are away.
- Obtain necessary paperwork for emergency veterinary care (see above)
- Obtain payment for long term care. Alternatively, you can leave a check for payment on the kitchen counter before you leave.
- Pick up a key to your home.
At Each Visit
- Feeding and watering your pets.
- Administering medications if needed, including insulin, thyroid medication, antibiotics,vitamins, fluid therapy, etc.
- Daily litter box maintenance. (Or whenever needed. Sometimes people will opt for cat or small animal care every two days).
- Lots of affection and attention!
- Additional Home Care may include:
- Watering plants as needed.
- Bringing in mail, packages and newspapers.
- Taking out garbage or recycling if needed.
- Turning on or off interior or exterior lights, adjusting shutters or shades, and other indicators of home occupancy.
We also offer a weekly (or one time) Cage Cleaning service for those of you with small pets such as guinea pigs, rabbits, ferrets, etc. who would rather let someone else handle the mess! This service includes the washing out of the cage, provision of fresh substrate such as shavings, cleaning of bowls, houses and other items in the cage, and the gentle replacement of your pet back into his freshly cleaned habitat. Cost of this service is $25.00. The first cleaning might be more expensive in the case of an exceptionally dirty cage which will require more time.
We also offer Pet Transportation, escorted visits to your pet’s groomer, veterinarian, etc. The fee for this is $25 per hour, and of course all charges for the groomer, veterinarian, trainer, etc. are covered by the owner.
We offer Nail Trimming for your dog or cat (and some small animals) for $10.
Additionally, though we do not do hair trimming and cuts, we offer Bathing for small dogs, which includes shampoos, blow dry and brush out, for $20.00. For larger dogs, or dogs in need of trims, we have an established relationship with Amy’s Pup in the Tub, one of the best groomers in Rhode Island, and are happy to transport your dog there for a spa day during his or her boarding. (You would just pay Amy’s grooming charges, plus a transport fee).
I believe in animal rights, and high among them is the right to the gentle stroke of a human hand. ~Robert Brault
“Over the years I’ve come to appreciate how animals enter our lives prepared to teach and far from being burdened by an inability to speak they have many different ways to communicate. It is up to us to listen more than hear, to look into more than past.” ~ Nick Trout
“There was nothing he enjoyed more than a good book. He’d wander into the study, take down some leather-bound volume, and eat it.” ~ Terence Brady