Cat, Dog, and Small Pet Sitting
We offer cat, dog, and small pet sitting in our home or yours (mostly dogs in ours, and other pets in yours).
Dog sitting in our home is only for small to medium sized, dog-friendly dogs. Up-to-date vaccinations are required.
Arranging Service: Intake Appointment
We arrange an appointment (in our home for dogs who will be boarding, or in your home for other pets) when you first call us.
During this time, we:
- Meet you and your pets and get detailed information about their care, idiosyncrasies and special needs. A form will be available for your perusal and signature(s). It offers an option to pre-approve emergency pet care in case it is needed while you are away.
- Obtain payment for long term care. Alternatively, for house visits, you can leave a check for payment on the kitchen counter before you leave.
- Pick up a key to your home, if needed.
At Each Visit:
- Feeding and watering your pets.
- Administering medications if needed, including insulin, thyroid medication, antibiotics, vitamins, fluid therapy, etc.
- Daily litter box maintenance. (Or whenever needed. Sometimes people will opt for cat or small animal care every two days).
- Watering plants as needed.
- Bringing in mail, packages and newspapers.
- Taking out garbage or recycling if needed.
- Turning on or off interior or exterior lights, adjusting shutters or shades, and other indicators of home occupancy.
- We offer transportation to or from the veterinarian, groomer, etc., and pick up and drop offs for your boarding dog.
I believe in animal rights, and high among them is the right to the gentle stroke of a human hand. ~Robert Brault
“Over the years I’ve come to appreciate how animals enter our lives prepared to teach and far from being burdened by an inability to speak they have many different ways to communicate. It is up to us to listen more than hear, to look into more than past.” ~ Nick Trout
“There was nothing he enjoyed more than a good book. He’d wander into the study, take down some leather-bound volume, and eat it.” ~ Terence Brady