Pet Word Search
F E U X O P R J A P T K T J G L K F F K
H Q A D V V D T G S L R X V U F R T O N
R K Y Q K Y N U R T W A L K I S S E S P
H I X E X X G J W E N B Y Y N R B V C E
L F N J M J J E F H A M S T E R R E F A
F K M Q O C N K N E T T I K A E U Q S Q
C A P J F Y E R C L A W S G P T S F E Q
Z O C A S Y P I T R C I H N I A H U G S
D D V F G Y P F L E H P U J G W W G O Z
E N D R H Q O G L W O B D O O F P S Z M
U K W W G S X T M U P I D E X U E D A I
R Z M N O A N O T N F J M W P Z Y E D N
W B Q T I E L H E S G F F P U Z B Z D A
Q W P D G P V N S D Z O Y Z H Y X U U S
I Y J E U F S O S G P K H B V Y M L E X
V W W E C A P H L Z Z H E Z F Y D N O E
Z L S O Q K M L P A D X D Z X C I F U T
Q V T W M T X X H B F T Q F F P V V E K
J M L C E X Y R P I Y Y X D K D C U A V
S Y W N C V K U X V I I R P A U Y W B F
Some of the words are backwards for an extra challenge. Or maybe even upside down! Yikes!
BARK BRUSH CAT CLAWS DOG FEED FERRET FLUFFY
FOODBOWL FUR FUZZY GENTLE GUINEAPIG HAMSTER HUGS
KISSES KITTEN LOVE MEOW MOUSE PAWS PLAY PUPPY RAT SOFT SQUEAK TOYS TREATS WALK WATER WHISKERS
A great link to cute guinea pig coloring pages: Guinea Pig Coloring Pages
- Activity Sheet – Rat Maze
- IFAW Dogs and Cats Maze (Courtesy of IFAW, the International Fund for Animal Welfare, who produces the most marvelous humane education materials! Many thanks to them!)
- And here’s a link to the AVMA Petpourri Kids Activity Sheets
Animal Activity Sheets
- African Pygmy Hedgehogs Fill in the Blank
- What Kind of Pet
- IFAW Dogs and Cats Word K-2 Fill in the Blank (Courtesy of IFAW, who produces the most marvelous humane education materials! Many thanks to them!)
- Puppy Care Book Cover and Puppy Needs Blank gives your child an opportunity to list and draw items that a puppy needs for his well-being.
- Wood Green Rabbits Word Search and Activity (Courtesy of Wood Green UK. Thank you!)
- The Ratty Fun Pages http://www.dapper.com.au/fun.htm
- Pet Overpopulation Class Activity
- Here’s an Acrostic poem Guinea Pig. Show your child this example and see if your child would like to draw a picture of an animal and create his or her own acrostic!
Connect the Dots
Many animals are popular pets here in the US, but did you know many of our pets come from different countries? Pets are popular world-wide, and every country has its favorite. We have dog breeds that originate from nearly every continent; our pet rabbits and ferrets came from Europe; Sugar Gliders started in Australia and South East Asia; many popular snakes come from Africa; our favorite large birds come from South America, Africa and Australia; and some of the most popular small mammals, such as chinchillas and guinea pigs, come from South America. Talk about international pets! For fun, do a search online or at your library to find out where your pets first came from. Below is a list of simple animals translated in to a variety of languages.
Cool Projects You Can Do for Animals
Parents, you can also take a look at Lorna’s Pinterest board Crafts to Make for Pets, which include many kid-friendly DIY crafts.
Cat and Dog Beds
Milk Jug Feeder
Cat String Toy: Knot the base of an 18″ length of gimp with a jingle bell, add about 6 to 8″ of pony beads, and knot the end carefully. Make sure both ends are secure so that your cat doesn’t end up breaking the string toy. Have fun!
Here’s a link for some fun games about wildlife on the National Wildlife Federation’s Kid’s Page