Teachers and Library Program Coordinators, please check out the Education Programs page!
The gentle care you would give your own pet. Family style dog boarding for small to medium dogs, and local care for your small animals.
We can be there for you:
- When you know you’re going to have a ridiculously long day at work.
- During long weekends and major holidays when you get a sudden chance to go skiing or your dog wants to avoid your aunt Marge who always tries to kiss him on the lips.
- During summer vacation when a friend suddenly offers you the loan of her cats-only house on the Vineyard for a week and you have to figure out where to stash your dog.
- During crazy loud renovations on your house, when your dog is going mental and needs to get away.
- Any other time when you just need a little help! We’re here!
We have years of veterinary training. From simple care such as feeding, watering and exercising your pets, we can also recognize signs of illness, administer prescribed medications or other special care, and have an established relationship with a local emergency hospital for unforeseen circumstances. Let us care for your pets, including those with special needs! Lorna is trained to give insulin injections, administer sub-Q fluids, oral medications, etc. We can bathe your pooch, do nails, watch chick flicks during thunderstorms, whatever is needed!
And you can take a look at our Gallery which is a work in progress as we have so many dog pictures! On the Facebook page we have albums of many of the dogs for whom we care, and we’re still adding many others. We’ll be catching up on those since we’ve had dozens of new dogs since the last update, and have been crazy busy with pets!
“Did you know that there are over three hundred words for love in canine?:~ Gabrielle Zevin
“My religion is simple, it is kindness”. ~ Dalai Lama
“The capacity to care is the thing that gives life its deepest meaning and significance”. ~Pablo Casals
“A person can learn a lot from a dog, even a loopy one…(Mine) taught me about living each day with unbridled exuberance and joy, about seizing the moment and following your heart. He taught me to appreciate the simple things – a walk in the woods, a fresh snowfall, a nap in a shaft of winter sunlight. And as he grew old and achy, he taught me about optimism in the face of adversity. Mostly, he taught me about friendship and selflessness and, above all else, unwavering loyalty.”
~ John Grogan
“Dogs are miracles with paws.” ~ Susan Kennedy